In this article:
- Why use instant messaging apps for business at all?
- WhatsApp: The world's most popular messenger
- Facebook Messenger: Lead generation and service
- Instagram Direct Messages and API for Instagram
- Telegram: The rising star
- Apple Messages for Business: 365 degree messaging service
- Viber: Exciting for communication in Asia, cental, and eastern Europe
- Discord: Specific target groups
- WeChat: Dominates in China
- LINE: THE messenger app in Japan
- Wickr: Amazon's Messenger
- KakaoTalk: The messenger for everything in South Korea
- More than one instant messaging app for your business?
WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Apple Business Chat, or WeChat: What are the most important instant messaging apps for businesses worldwide? What business options do the respective messengers offer, and what about costs? A (global) overview!
For a long time, internet-based messenger apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger were primarily intended for private communication. In recent years, however, business use has increasingly come to the forefront. Just on WhatsApp, for example, about 175 million people message a business account each day, and 1.8 billion Apple users can be reached through Apple's business chat.
But which instant messaging app is the best choice for your business? In the following, we'll take a look at the most relevant messenger apps worldwide and show you which of them are best suited for commercial use.