In this article:
- What are the benefits of WhatsApp Business for your company?
- WhatsApp Business App vs. WhatsApp Business API
- How to get access to the WhatsApp Business API
- What can you do with the WhatsApp API?
- Can I build a chatbot on WhatsApp Business?
- How do I get a WhatsApp Business account for my company?
- How do I get the verification / official business account (green tick) on WhatsApp?
- What data protection aspects do I have to consider when using WhatsApp?
WhatsApp offers two compelling solutions for enterprises, "WhatsApp for Business" and the "WhatsApp Business Platform". In this article, you'll learn everything you need to know about WhatsApp Business for your company: how it works, what it costs, what benefits it has to offer, and whether you should use the WhatsApp Business App or the WhatsApp Business Platform.
Communicating through WhatsApp can be confusing because the messenger offers several versions of the service. There's the regular WhatsApp messenger app for private usage, but for companies there are actually two business solutions. One is the "WhatsApp Business App", a free service specifically for small businesses. The other one is the enterprise version called "WhatsApp Business API" (officially called: WhatsApp Business Platform) which offers professional tools, scalability, and data compliance for medium and large companies.
In this guide, we'll look in more detail at the WhatsApp ecosystem, the different business solutions, and at the pros and cons of the different versions.